As a Ph.D.-level Evolutionary Neuroscientist within our AGI Research & Development team, you will be instrumental in bridging the gap between evolutionary neuroscience and the development of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI). Your role will involve delving into the evolutionary intricacies of the human brain, deciphering the genetic and neural underpinnings of cognition, and translating these insights into the foundation of advanced AGI algorithms.
- Neurological Evolution Studies: Conduct in-depth research on the evolutionary trajectories of neural development, emphasizing the unique features that have shaped human cognition. Explore the genetic markers and neurobiological adaptations that differentiate human intelligence.
- Genomic Analysis for AGI: Apply advanced genomic techniques to decipher genetic codes associated with cognitive evolution. Investigate genetic variations and their relevance to AGI algorithm design, aiming to integrate evolutionary wisdom into artificial neural networks.
- Comparative Neuroanatomy for AGI: Investigate the comparative neuroanatomy of various species, focusing on brain regions relevant to complex behaviors. Translate these anatomical insights into computational models, enhancing AGI algorithms' sophistication.
- Behavioral Insights for AGI: Design behavioral experiments inspired by evolutionary cognition to study learning patterns, social interactions, and decision-making. Utilize behavioral data to inform AGI algorithms, infusing them with human-like cognitive processes.
- Neurological Basis of AGI Applications: Explore the neurological foundations of specific AGI applications, such as natural language processing, problem-solving, and adaptive learning. Contribute to developing AGI systems tailored for diverse real-world scenarios.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Collaborate closely with AI researchers, computer scientists, and data analysts within the AGI R&D team. Integrate evolutionary neuroscience findings into AGI projects, fostering interdisciplinary synergy.
- Publication and Grant Proposals: Publish research findings in renowned AI and neuroscience journals. Prepare grant proposals, showcasing the potential of evolutionary neuroscience in enhancing AGI capabilities, to secure funding for AGI research initiatives.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Evolutionary Biology, or related field, with a focus on computational neuroscience being a plus.
- Extensive experience in evolutionary neuroscience, neurogenetics, or comparative neuroanatomy, preferably with applications in artificial intelligence or machine learning.
- Proficiency in genomic analysis tools, brain mapping techniques, and behavioral data analysis.
- Strong publication record in AI, neuroscience, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborative research efforts and scientific presentations.
- Ability to bridge the gap between theoretical neuroscience and practical AGI applications.